Desi Local Mumbai Aunties

Thursday, November 24, 2011

'Desi Boyz' is nothing like 'Dostana': Deepika Padukone

Bookmark and Share

In an exclusive conversation with Gaurav Malani, Deepika Padukone speaks about her upcoming film 'Desi Boyz' and her equation with Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and even Chitrangda Singh.

There is a general perception that 'Desi Boyz' has a 'Dostana' hangover.
Not at all! In fact the first film that comes to my mind when I see Akshay Kumar and John Abraham together is Garam Masala because that got them together for the first time. But let me tell you that Desi Boyz is not in the same space as Dostana or even Garam Masala. Just because it's a film about male bonding, it doesn't have to be like Dostana.

After two films with Akshay Kumar we were expecting your pairing with him over John Abraham.
Exactly! Even the audiences would have assumed the same which would have made it a predictable casting. So director Rohit Dhawan thought there would be fresh chemistry with the pairing of John and me.

So did you miss sharing screen-space with Akshay Kumar?
I didn't actually, because in the film we three (Akshay, John and me) team up to do a lot of things together. So we have a lot of common scenes.

How pampered were you by the Desi Boys?
Oh, I was extremely pampered, especially by John who likes taking care of everyone close to him. Akshay Kumar of course has been a great support. Though I might have not done my first film with him, he was there for me in the initial stage of my career. I have done two big films with him and so there is that familiarity and comfort factor between the two of us.

Without being diplomatic and if you had to choose only one - who would you say is hotter between Akshay and John?
I think it's an invalid question because both are good looking guys and extremely charming.

Does Rohit Dhawan take ahead his father's style of comedy filmmaking?
It is too soon to say how good a filmmaker he is or whether he is like his father or not. Of course he has learnt a lot from David Dhawan and other filmmakers since he has grown up in the industry. But, I would say, he has an identity of his own and Desi Boyz is entirely his film.

There were stories that you and Chitrangda Singh shared cold vibes.
I think these are just stale boring gimmicks and the publicist of film should think of some innovative ideas to promote the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Desi Local Mumbai Aunties