Desi Local Mumbai Aunties

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I've become very commercial: Chitrangda Singh

Bookmark and Share
... says Chitrangda Singh, who has cemented her place in mainstream cinema by doing an item number

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that Chitrangda Singh is the new sex siren on the block. After all, the actor who was hitherto known for her critically acclaimed roles in films like Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, is now gearing up to set the mercury soaring with a hot item number in the Akshay Kumar- and Sonakshi Sinha-starrer Joker. The song, which is titled Kaafirana, will be Chitrangda's first item number. "Yes, I'm doing an item number and it was a very different experience grooving to the beats of Kaafirana. Choreographer Farah Khan, of course, helped me. The song is very Indian and rustic and I enjoyed moving to the number. I have become very commercial now," laughs Chitrangda.

Though she is loving every bit of her new image, Chitrangda is still getting used to the ways of commercial cinema. "It's a great change as all this naach-gaana is something that I have not done so far. I am still learning the ropes of commercial cinema and getting used to how crowds mob stars," she says.

Is it true that Chitrangda was initially very nervous about working with Akshay for her upcoming film? "I was anxious. Firstly, I was working with someone who has already done some 120 commercial films. I was new to the whole scheme of things. I was very nervous and my onscreen character was just the opposite. It took time to register that I was indeed working with him. But commercial cinema is fun," she says.

And what about the reports that were doing the rounds about her having problems with her other co-star, Deepika Padukone? "I don't know where these reports come from. We hardly have any scenes together in the film and we don't have any problems with each other," says Chitrangda.

Now that the actor has made a foray into commercial cinema, will she continue doing parallel cinema as well? "I would like to juggle both kinds of cinema," she says. So what will her priority be? "Well, my priority will be good films and performance-oriented roles. I want to go back home with something nice in my kitty," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Desi Local Mumbai Aunties